By Robert E. Moyers
Read or Download Cranio-Facial Growth in Man. Proceedings of a Conference on Genetics, Bone Biology, and Analysis of Growth Data Held May 1–3, 1967, Ann Arbor, Michigan PDF
Similar social sciences books
This publication is a caution. it's a terrifying portrait of an "ideal" society that has destroyed democracy within the identify of "progress. " Roland Huntford demonstrates through truth after stunning truth how an it sounds as if democratic, filthy rich, peaceable utopia is completely managed through a forms which actively discourages all indicators of individuality.
- Grammaire du turc : ouvrage pratique à l'usage des francophones
- Biopolitics and International Values. Investigating Liberal Norms
- Memoirs Illustrating the History of Jacobinism (Volume 1); A Translation From the French of the Abbe Barruel
- Crises in World Politics. Theory and Reality
Extra info for Cranio-Facial Growth in Man. Proceedings of a Conference on Genetics, Bone Biology, and Analysis of Growth Data Held May 1–3, 1967, Ann Arbor, Michigan
S o , if the femur was uniform, this would be a g o o d experiment to m a k e a comparison between charge and stress distribution. D R . F R O S T : A femur that has been baked for 2 weeks in 105° is n o longer uniform. D R . M C E L H A N E Y : That is correct. What the experiment does s h o w , since the results of the charge distribution are so much different than the stress distribution for the same type of load, is that the structure responsible for the generation of charge must vary significantly from point to point o n the femur.
3. The relation, whether or not in time, of an element to its environment. The analytical and synthetical procedures are similar to those in 2. The difference is the environmental factor instead of another element. The combination of the conclusions obtained will explain form and growth. To growth problems, only formulations including the time parameter are relevant. It is not important whether this happens to be ontogenetic or phylogenetic time. Here only ontogeny will be dealt with. The Concept of Growth In the course of years, students of morphology have pioneered in the directions mentioned under 1-3 above, in spite of the dominance of formal morphology for some centuries (cf.
Physical Soc. Japan 1 2 , 1158-68. F U K A D A , E. and Y A S U D A , I. (1964) Piezoelectric effects in collagen, Japanese J. Appl. Physics 3 , 1 1 7 - 2 8 . K O C H , J. C. (1917) The laws of bone architecture, Am. J. Anat. 2 1 , 177-298. BASSETT, C. 42 L O A D A N D ELECTRIC C H A R G E RELATIONSHIPS M C E L H A N E Y , J. H . (1967) T h e charge distribution o n the h u m a n femur due to load, / . Bone Joint Surg. 49, 1561-71. N E W M A N , W. F. (1964) International Space Science Symposium, p.