By Joseph Bertolini, Neil Goss, John Curling
With contributions from a global workforce of 80 best specialists and pioneers within the box, Production of Plasma Proteins for healing Use offers a complete evaluate of the present country of data concerning the functionality, use, and creation of blood plasma proteins. as well as info of the operational necessities for the construction of plasma derivatives, the publication describes the biology, improvement, examine, manufacture, and medical symptoms of basically all plasma proteins with proven scientific use or healing power.
Production of Plasma Proteins for healing Use covers the foremost facets of the plasma fractionation in 5 sections:
- Section 1: creation to Plasma Fractionation in the beginning describes the background of transfusion after which covers the emergence of plasma assortment and fractionation from its earliest days to the current time, with the industrial and not-for-profit sectors constructing right into a multi-billion greenback undefined.
- Section 2: Plasma Proteins for healing Use comprises 24 chapters devoted to particular plasma proteins, together with coagulation components, albumin, immunoglobulin, and a accomplished diversity of alternative plasma-derived proteins with healing symptoms. each one bankruptcy discusses the body structure, biochemistry, mechanism of motion, and manufacture of every plasma protein together with viral questions of safety and scientific makes use of.
- Section three: Pathogen security of Plasma Products examines matters and tactics for reinforcing viral security and lowering the danger of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy transmission.
- Section four: The Pharmaceutical atmosphere utilized to Plasma Fractionation info the necessities and actions linked to plasma assortment, caliber coverage, compliance with regulatory requisites, provision of clinical affairs help, and the manufacture of plasma items.
- Section five: the marketplace for Plasma items and the Economics of Fractionation studies the economic atmosphere and economics of the plasma fractionation together with destiny traits, highlighting areas comparable to Asia, that have the aptitude to exert a huge impact at the plasma fractionation within the twenty-first century.
Chapter 1 The heritage and improvement of the Plasma Protein Fractionation (pages 1–28): John Curling, Neil Goss and Joseph Bertolini
Chapter 2 creation and scientific Profile of Human Plasma Coagulation issue VIII (pages 29–40): Sami Chtourou
Chapter three construction and scientific Profile of Human Plasma?Derived Von Willebrand issue (pages 41–48): Sami Chtourou and Michel Poulle
Chapter four issue 8 Inhibitor Bypassing task (pages 49–63): Peter Turecek and Hans Peter Schwarz
Chapter five Prothrombin complicated (pages 65–79): Jurgen Romisch and Katharina Pock
Chapter 6 issue IX (pages 81–92): Salvador Grancha, Steven Herring, Antonio Paez, Pere Ristol and Juan Ignacio Jorquera
Chapter 7 issue XI (pages 93–99): Sami Chtourou and Michel Poulle
Chapter eight issue XIII and issue X (pages 101–115): Peter Feldman
Chapter nine Fibrinogen: technology and Biotechnology (pages 117–135): Gerard Marx
Chapter 10 Fibrin Glues and Bandages (pages 137–145): Hans Christian Hedrich and Heinz Gulle
Chapter eleven creation and scientific Use of Plasma Antithrombin III (pages 147–157): Andrea Morelli
Chapter 12 Human Serum Albumin: A Multifunctional Plasma Protein (pages 159–183): John extra and Mark Bulmer
Chapter thirteen IntravenousImmunoglobulinGfromHumanPlasma–Purification suggestions and critical caliber standards (pages 185–205): Andrea Buchacher and Waltraud Kaar
Chapter 14 Hyperimmune Immunoglobulin G (pages 207–216): Hugh expense, Maurice Genereux and Christopher Sinclair
Chapter 15 Rh (D) Immunoglobulin (pages 217–225): Maurice Genereux, Jodi Smith, William Bees and Christopher Sinclair
Chapter sixteen Alpha1?Proteinase Inhibitor: The affliction, the Protein, and advertisement creation (pages 227–240): Wytold Lebing
Chapter 17 C1?Inhibitor (pages 241–258): Jan Over, Christine Kramer, Anky Koenderman, Diana Wouters and Sacha Zeerleder
Chapter 18 Acid?Stabilized Plasmin as a singular Direct?Acting Thrombolytic (pages 259–271): Valery Novokhatny, James Rebbeor, Philip Scuderi and Stephen Petteway
Chapter 19 Reconstituted, Plasma?Derived High?Density Lipoprotein (pages 273–282): Peter Lerch
Chapter 20 Plant?Derived production of Apolipoprotein AIMilano: Purification and sensible Characterization (pages 283–300): Cory Nykiforuk, Yin Shen, Elizabeth Murray, Joseph Boothe and Maurice Moloney
Chapter 21 Transferrin (pages 301–310): Leni von Bonsdorff, Hennie ter Hart, Ingrid Prins?De Nijs, Anky Koenderman, Jan Over and Jaakko Parkkinen
Chapter 22 Plasminogen: Its position within the treatment of Ligneous Conjunctivitis (pages 311–320): Claudia Nardini
Chapter 23 Haptoglobin (pages 321–336): Joan Dalton and Azubuike Okemefuna
Chapter 24 Ceruloplasmin: Biology, Manufacture, and scientific Use (pages 337–344): Aron Berkovsky and Vladimir Vaschenko
Chapter 25 Solvent/Detergent Plasma (pages 345–357): Tor?Einar Svae, Andrea Heger, Lothar Biesert, Andrea Neisser?Svae and Wolfgang Frenzel
Chapter 26 making sure Virus defense of Plasma items (pages 359–368): Herbert Dichtelmuller
Chapter 27 Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies and Plasma items (pages 369–380): Luisa Gregori, David Asher and Dorothy Scott
Chapter 28 caliber coverage necessities in Plasma Product Manufacture (pages 381–401): Jens Jesse
Chapter 29 Regulatory actions linked to creation and Commercialization of Plasma Protein Therapeutics (pages 403–411): Nancy Kirschbaum and Timothy Lee
Chapter 30 The rising function of world scientific Affairs within the Twenty?First Century (pages 413–422): Hartmut Ehrlich, David Perry, David Gelmont and Ramin Farhood
Chapter 31 Plasma for Fractionation (pages 423–436): Joseph Bertolini and Timothy Hayes
Chapter 32 The Pharmaceutical production setting (pages 437–448): Ernst Hetzl
Chapter 33 The Economics of Plasma Fractionation (pages 449–460): Neil Goss and John Curling
Chapter 34 destiny tendencies within the Plasma items marketplace (pages 461–470): Paolo Marcucci