By Jahanzeb Khan, Anis Khwaja
* presents a step by step procedure for making plans and imposing a instant LAN according to 802.11 instant constancy (Wi-Fi) technology
* Authors are wireless safeguard specialists who're capable of handle the firestorm of matters approximately safety for 802.11b networks
* bargains a transparent standpoint of interoperability with comparable instant criteria like 802.11a, HomeRF, and Bluetooth
* Explains the right way to in attaining an analogous functionality as a stressed Ethernet connection and bring flexibility and excessive velocity
Read or Download Build ing Secure Wireless Networks with 802.11 PDF
Similar networking books
To assist you take complete benefit of lively listing, this fourth variation of this bestselling publication grants a radical grounding in Microsoft's community listing carrier. With energetic listing, you'll the right way to layout, deal with, and retain an advert infrastructure, no matter if it's for a small enterprise community or a multinational firm with millions of assets, providers, and users.
This specified and hugely exact quantity covers lively listing from its origins in home windows 2000 via home windows Server 2008. yet in contrast to general dry references, lively listing offers strategies in an easy-to-understand, narrative sort. With this e-book, you'll:
* Get a whole evaluate of the entire new home windows 2008 positive factors
* learn the way lively listing works with alternate and PowerShell
* make the most of the up to date scripting and programming chapters to automate advert initiatives
* tips on how to be extra effective with command-line instruments
* snatch thoughts simply with the aid of a number of screenshots and diagrams
excellent for directors, IT pros, venture managers, and programmers alike, lively listing is not just for individuals getting began with advert, it's additionally for knowledgeable clients who have to remain updated with the most recent advert positive aspects in home windows Server 2008. it truly is no ask yourself this advisor is the bestselling advert source available.
Modern-day businesses are more and more embedded in networks of alliances and different ties that impact their habit and function. during this, his first e-book at the topic, Ranjay Gulati examines the 'network assets' that come up from those ties, how profitable businesses deal with those, and the way they impression procedure, entry to fabric assets, and perceptions of a firm's legitimacy held by way of key exterior events reminiscent of traders and banks.
Writer Steven Shepard's textual content explains what is what, who is who and the way all of it works jointly within the speed-of-light global of optical networking. overlaying every little thing from applied sciences and kit to businesses and opponents, he delves into enterprise concepts, destiny functions, and convergance possibilities.
- Wireless LAN
- Optical Networks and Technologies: IFIP TC6 WG6.10 First Optical Networks & Technologies Conference (OpNeTec), October 18-20, 2004, Pisa, Italy (IFIP ... Federation for Information Processing)
- Networking in Open Systems: International Seminar Oberlech, Austria, August 18–22, 1986 Proceedings
- MCSE Train Guide: TCP/IP
- SSL VPN: Understanding, Evaluating And Planning Secure, Web-based Remote Access
Additional info for Build ing Secure Wireless Networks with 802.11
Infrared Infrared−based systems are the simplest and least expensive wireless LANs. These systems work best when operated in the line of sight (that is, the transceivers involved in communication must face one another without any physical obstruction). Infrared systems are not bandwidth constrained—in other words, the signal does not spread, so devices using infrared can use the entire bandwidth of infrared when communicating with one another without any interference with any other device. They also can attain high speeds at relatively low costs compared to other competing types of systems.
Summary In this chapter we briefly described the history of wireless networks. We saw that wireless networks have been in use since the 1950s. We first examined the basic operation of a simple wireless network where we saw how two computers can be connected with each other to form a simple wireless LAN. Then we examined in detail the architecture of a generic wireless LAN. We saw that most wireless LANs operate in the Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) band; and that in the United States the FCC mandates that such devices must use a spread spectrum technology.
Internet Naming and Domain Name Servers It can be extremely difficult to remember all the numerical host IP addresses with which you might want to communicate. Instead, TCP/IP supports host naming, which allows an Internet name to be associated with an IP address; these names are called host names or the domain host names. com is the domain host name of this book's publisher, John Wiley and Sons—the name corresponds to the numerical address, and both are stored in databases called domain name servers.