By Dmytro Radchuk
Beginning with recipes demonstrating the execution of uncomplicated Boost.Asio operations, the e-book is going directly to offer ready-to-use implementations of shopper and server functions from uncomplicated synchronous ones to strong multithreaded scalable suggestions. eventually, you're provided with complicated issues corresponding to enforcing a talk software, enforcing an HTTP patron, and including SSL help. the entire samples provided within the publication are able to be utilized in actual tasks simply out of the box.
As good as first-class useful examples, the ebook additionally contains prolonged supportive theoretical fabric on dispensed software layout and construction.
What you are going to learn:
- strengthen your operating wisdom of 1 of the main respected C++ networking libraries―Boost.Asio
- get yourself up to speed with the fundamentals of TCP and UDP protocols
- Create scalable and highly-efficient purchaser and server applications
- comprehend the speculation at the back of improvement of disbursed applications
- raise the safety of your allotted functions through including SSL support
- enforce a HTTP consumer easily
- Use iostreams, scatter-gather buffers, and timers
Read or Download Boost.Asio C++ Network Programming Cookbook PDF
Best networking books
To assist you take complete benefit of energetic listing, this fourth version of this bestselling publication provides a radical grounding in Microsoft's community listing carrier. With energetic listing, you'll layout, deal with, and retain an advert infrastructure, no matter if it's for a small enterprise community or a multinational company with hundreds of thousands of assets, companies, and users.
This unique and hugely actual quantity covers lively listing from its origins in home windows 2000 via home windows Server 2008. yet in contrast to general dry references, energetic listing provides recommendations in an easy-to-understand, narrative variety. With this publication, you are going to:
* Get a whole evaluation of the entire new home windows 2008 beneficial properties
* learn the way energetic listing works with trade and PowerShell
* reap the benefits of the up-to-date scripting and programming chapters to automate advert initiatives
* the best way to be extra effective with command-line instruments
* seize recommendations simply with the aid of various screenshots and diagrams
excellent for directors, IT execs, venture managers, and programmers alike, energetic listing is not just for individuals getting all started with advert, it's additionally for skilled clients who have to remain updated with the newest advert positive factors in home windows Server 2008. it really is no ask yourself this advisor is the bestselling advert source available.
Present day organizations are more and more embedded in networks of alliances and different ties that effect their habit and function. during this, his first publication at the topic, Ranjay Gulati examines the 'network assets' that come up from those ties, how winning businesses deal with those, and the way they impact method, entry to fabric assets, and perceptions of a firm's legitimacy held via key exterior events equivalent to traders and banks.
Writer Steven Shepard's textual content explains what is what, who is who and the way all of it works jointly within the speed-of-light international of optical networking. masking every thing from applied sciences and gear to businesses and opponents, he delves into enterprise suggestions, destiny functions, and convergance possibilities.
- High Performance Networking VII: IFIP TC6 Seventh International Conference on High Performance Networks (HPN ‘97), 28th April – 2nd May 1997, White Plains, New York, USA
- Compressive Sensing Based Algorithms for Electronic Defence
- Planning Irrigation Networking and OFD Works
- Ultimate Job Search: Invaluable Advice on Networking, CVs, Cover Letters, Interviews, Psychometric Tests and Follow-Up Strategies
- Dispersed manufacturing networks: challenges for research and practice
Extra info for Boost.Asio C++ Network Programming Cookbook
Asio functions and methods that perform I/O operations accept objects that satisfy the requirements of either the MutableBufferSequence or ConstBufferSequence concept as their arguments that represent buffers. org/doc/libs/1_58_0/doc/ html/boost_asio/reference/MutableBufferSequence. org/doc/libs/1_58_0/doc/ html/boost_asio/reference/ConstBufferSequence. html for ConstBufferSequence Although in most use cases, a single buffer is involved in a single I/O operation, in some specific circumstances (for example, in a memory-constrained environment), a developer may want to use a composite buffer that comprises multiple smaller simple buffers distributed over the process's address space.
Therefore, we don't need to create another object representing the protocol to pass it to the acceptor socket's constructor. Instead, we use the endpoint's protocol() method, which returns an object of the asio::ip::tcp class representing the corresponding protocols. The binding is performed in step 4. This is quite a simple operation. We call the acceptor socket's bind() method, passing an object representing an endpoint to which the acceptor socket should be bound as an argument of the method.
Asio provides us with a way to simplify the usage of single buffers with I/O-related functions and methods. 42 Chapter 2 The asio::buffer() free function has 28 overloads that accept a variety of representations of a buffer and return an object of either the asio::mutable_ buffers_1 or asio::const_buffers_1 classes. If the buffer argument passed to the asio::buffer() function is a read-only type, the function returns an object of the asio::const_buffers_1 class; otherwise, an object of the asio::mutable_buffers_1 class is returned.