By Francine Blei
Vascular anomalies as an entire are infrequent issues and discovering finished, trustworthy information regarding them will be tricky. in case you or a friend is struggling with a vascular anomaly, a hundred Questions & solutions approximately Vascular Anomalies presents the tips and recommendation you wish. Co-written via a world-recognized healthcare professional who has committed her occupation to sufferers with vascular anomalies, and a scientific librarian and sufferer who has skilled the demanding situations of being clinically determined with a vascular anomaly, this publication delivers authoritative solutions to the main usually requested questions by means of sufferers and households. It contains information regarding assets for networking, disease-specific foundations, psychosocial concerns, and extra. this is often a useful advisor for a person dealing with the actual and emotional turmoil of a vascular anomaly.
Read or Download 100 Questions & Answers About Vascular Anomalies PDF
Best diseases & physical ailments books
Your family’s first defensive position! offers specialist scientific suggestion on greater than a hundred universal symptoms, signs, and challenge areas—A-Z universal Symptom solution consultant is an excellent addition for your scientific reference library! are you able to describe what your indicators appear and feel like—but now not be aware of what they suggest?
This booklet presents a special and finished synopsis of the prevention and early prognosis of kind 2 Diabetes. It gains articles by way of key opinion leaders in diabetes from North the United States, Europe and the Asia-Pacific quarter who describe the gravity of the matter and the $64000 factor of screening, together with contributions at the views of the overseas Diabetes Federation and the area overall healthiness association.
- Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 9th Edition (2-Volume Set)
- Heart 411: The Only Guide to Heart Health You'll Ever Need
- The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Current Concepts on Pathogenesis and Clinical Care (Endocrine Updates)
- The Arthritis Sourcebook
- AIDS in America
- Reframing Reproduction: Conceiving Gendered Experiences
Additional info for 100 Questions & Answers About Vascular Anomalies
There are many different types of seizures. Medications used to treat seizures are called antiepileptics. Although general neurologists treat patients with seizures, neurologists who specialize in treating patients with seizures are called epileptologists. When medications are not able to control seizures, a patient may be evaluated for a vagal nerve stimulator implant or surgical resection of the seizure focus if indicated. There are three categories of Sturge-Weber syndrome: • Type 1: This type involves the face, brain, and eyes.
Skin manifestations include characteristic cerebriform (brain-like configuration) changes, usually on the soles of the feet, and “linear epidermal nevus,” a brown, thick skin lesion. Hands and/or feet may exhibit gigantism (outsized growth). Patients with proteus syndrome have dysregulation of fatty tissue, with areas of fatty overgrowth alternating with fat atrophy; characteristic facial features; and capillary, venous, and/or lymphatic malformations. These individuals are at increased risk for malignancies.
34. Are vascular malformations affected by hormonal changes? Yes, vascular malformations may be responsive to hormonal changes. Some vascular anomalies are present at birth but often do not become apparent until years later, often during puberty. Hormonal changes related to puberty, pregnancy, and menopause can cause a vascular malformation to grow. In fact, even the hormonal changes related to a woman’s menstrual cycle can cause slight growth or changes to a vascular malformation. For example, a woman may notice slight swelling or mild discomfort in a vascular lesion around the time of her period.